If you use essential oils safely, both you and your pets can enjoy the benefits. There are different essential oils that can do wonders for your pet’s skin and fur, calm anxiety, and alleviate joint pain. If you diffuse the below essential oils, make sure you diffuse for a short amount of time and in a safe distance from your pet. If you plan to apply topically, be sure to dilute with a carrier oil that’s safe to use on your pet’s skin, like coconut oil and sunflower oil.
Handpicked Related Content
How Pets Can Benefit From Essential Oils: DIY Recipes
You can treat and pamper your feet at home with just a few ingredients on hand.Read More ›
The Ultimate Buyer’s Guide To Essential Oils
Creating your own essential oil blends can be a fun way to experiment.Read More ›
To promote healthy skin and fur
- Sweet Marjoram is one of the safest options for your pet for dealing with skin allergies and reducing skin irritation. It is antifungal and antibacterial. Plus, its warm, spicy aroma can help alleviate symptoms of depression and assist with live problems.
- Sweet Orange is deodorizing and serves as a protective barrier against fleas and ticks. Caution: Sweet Orange essential oil is phototoxic, so it can cause skin irritation and sensitization if exposed to sunlight. Make sure to wait 24 hours before taking your pet out in the sun.
- Rosemary essential oil is an effective flea repellant.
- Cedarwood is known to stimulate blood circulation, so it’s great for your pet’s skin and all types of minor skin issues like dermatitis.
To calm nerves and anxiety
- Lavender is our favorite essential oil for calming an active and excited pet. On top of Lavender’s sedating effects, it is also an excellent antibacterial and antiseptic agent. When your pup has an itch, rub some diluted Lavender oil on the spot for ultimate relief.
- Frankincense is an all-around great oil to use with pets to quiet the mind.
- Neroli essential oil is an anti-depressant and sedative that is great for dogs that are easily shocked or scared.
To relieve joint pain
- Ginger essential oil is our top pick for pets who experience pain from minor strains and arthritis as it has pain-relieving qualities.
- Lemongrass essential oil reduces pain and discomfort in injured muscles and ligaments.
- Patchouli essential oil is great for reducing pain and inflammation in joints.
$9.25 Add to cart
Now that you know which essential oil you should choose for your best friend. Check out the do’s and don’ts when using essential oil around pets.